Armstrong V2 Wing SUP Boards 6'6"Regular price $2,249.00
The logic behind Forward Geometry is all about the mast track position in relation to the center of the board. The further forward the mast can go the better, it improves maneuverability, response and dramatically reduces the rotational swing weight effect. Combine this with state-of-the-art 320mm Carbon fiber A+System Mast Tracks and you have maximum potential to get your board and foils geometry working for you!
Without question, shorter boards offer superior maneuverability, feel and control once on the fly but getting them there is not so easy. Until now that is, as boards get shorter it becomes important to maximise stability and hull speed when still attached to the water. The new Forward Geometry shapes from Armstrong have addressed this issue with a beautiful innovative approach enabling everyone to take advantage of the benefits riding shorter boards.
The new Forward Geometry range of boards are packed full of innovation.
- Forward Geometry… Our new A+System Mast Tracks are positioned well forward in the board to reduce rotational swing weight which radically improves handling and response.
High strength custom Carbon fiber A+System Mast Tracks… Plastic simply does not do the job well enough, so we designed our own 320mm Carbon Fiber mast tracks.
Recessed deck… This brings you closer to the mast top for direct handling and feel.
- Through deck carry handle/water evacuation… Easy to carry top or bottom, the through board handle is also the water evacuation for the recessed deck.
Extended waterline profile view… Speed is the key, so we use all the boards waterline to help accelerate the board forward.
- Chisel-nose outline… Offers stability on the water and helps push the water under the board rather than splitting it around the board.
Aggressive nose rocker into an accentuated double concave to flat… This is all about bringing the nose up quickly to accelerate the water down the double concave to flat bottom at the tail.
Innovative tail shape… For better acceleration, less drag at the rear waterline release area, it looks faster because it is!
- Accentuated chines… As the board picks up speed and the foil starts to lift, the contact area reduces, making for a smooth transition from on the water to foiling and also seamless touchdowns as the board does not grab as it touches the water’s surface.
- Stable Volume distribution… The recessed deck, wide Chisel nose and relatively rectangular outline means we can push the volume to the extremities, makes for a stable platform when on the water.
- Light and strong… Lightweight is nothing without strength so we have chosen the best materials to keep the boards both light and strong. Foam core with multiple PVC reinforcements, Dual Carbon stingers, covered with Carbon fiber and Dyneema cloth.